Monday, August 17, 2009

Let's work our way backwards, shall we?

{all pictures with the exception of the stock photos taken with my iPhone - that explains the poor quality!}
Our trip this year took much longer than any other trip before. We ended up getting home at 9 p.m. after two hard days of driving. I'm not sure what caused it to be so much longer, actually. It didn't seem like we stopped more than usual and even though we stopped at the Bass Pro Shop in Garland, we were only there for 1.5 hours, putting us home at 7:30 and that still would have been a longer day.

But as it was, we needed to stop and stretch our legs, so I thought we should stop at the Pro Shop because we always see it on our way to Virginia. If you've never been to a Bass Pro Shop...well, put it on your list. What makes this particular location a fun stop is that it sits on the shore of Lake Ray Hubbard. See these stock photos to understand what I mean.



So, as we were about 30 minutes away, my cousin who works one exit down from the Pro Shop, texted me and said to wave 'hello' as we passed by her work. Well, one text led to another and we arrived close to 4:30 so she was able to meet us there. They have a restaurant in the store too, so we killed two birds with one stone and had dinner and got to visit a while before we headed home.
{the view as you go down the stairs}
{they have footprints in the floor - very cool!}
{me and my cousin Lisa}

No comments:

website statistics