Friday, August 22, 2008

Donnabelle


I've known Donna for mmm, I would guess over four years. We (as well as some other Catholic gals) came together through the Catholic Christian board on BBC four years ago. While we all share the same passion for the Faith, many of us came from different walks and were all at different places in our journey. We've all grown together through the good, bad and indifferent and as a result have foraged relationships. I really enjoy the friendships I've made online and see them as no different than the people I meet in real life (IRL). Anytime I've needed someone to listen, I've always known I could count on my girls. :)

Well, with our trip to Virginia in the packing stages, I sent Donna a message and said it'd be great if we could work out a way to finally meet. Well, fortunately it happened! And through our messages I found out that she makes pottery as her hobby! How cool is that?? So, she sent me her Etsy link that you can click on HERE to see all of her beautiful creations. As cool as her pottery is, the main reason I bought them was so that I could have something to remind me of our meeting. The fact that they are gorgeous is just a side benefit, lol. So, here are a few pictures to show you our visit and the pottery I chose. Don't mind my handsome pottery model.






If I may borrow Donna's words:

I use mine for serving bowls, I bake things in them ... store left over chicken in them -- whatever. They are microwave, dishwasher and oven safe ... 100% lead free, etc. etc. etc. I'm all about making things useful! I have a few that sit on shelves to catch keys and mail ... the girls have their color pencils in a tall mug ... I've got a really BIG platter that I roast chicken and veggies in and I can carry it right out to the table because it is still as pretty as it can be.

3 comments:

The Cohen's said...

He could seriously not get any cuter!!!!! Oh my gosh, I just want to love on him!
And the bowls are awesome too. ;)

-Bridget said...

Those are gorgeous pieces! And what an adorable little model! He's getting so cute!

Samantha said...

Those are awesome bowls! I am so going to check out her etsy shop.

website statistics