Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

We are in the midst of having a great Father's Day and thought I'd do a quick post before the day slips away. After church this morning, Neil decided to do something different. Our usual celebrations consist of a brunch or lunch out, but service at some of our usual haunts left a lot to be desired. As a result, Neil chose to eat in at one of our favorite Chinese restaurants, Hunan Ranch. I can't even remember the last time we ate *at* a Chinese restaurant. I'm fairly convinced Neil ate with his eyes first since he opted to order four different dishes for everyone to eat from. Add to that, I was hungry from eating mostly nothing yesterday (volleyball tournament that I will later blog about) so I wanted egg rolls and a bowl of hot and sour soup. Altogether, it *barely* fit at the table. Sweet and sour chicken, sesame beef, orange chicken (Ashley's choice), and General Tso's (Neil's choice). I'm sure the phrase 'fat American's' must have crossed the waitresses minds. It was by far the best service we've received...well, anywhere in recent times.

Fat and happy. That's how we left.

The kids were extremely well-behaved. Those are the outings I love most.

The kids and I came up with a few ideas for Father's Day that we had been working on for the past week (one that has yet to be discovered by Neil), so here are a few pictures of Dad with the kids, and him opening his gifts. Enjoy!


I couldn't decide which one I liked better, so I'm including them both.


Our first project, The Daddy Book, took only 45 minutes courtesy of Mac.com - after doing a few books through Shutterfly, this one was a breeze. The kids picked out the photos they liked and along with my favorites, we put together a short book that documented some of our highlights since Drew's birth.


Dad goes through the book, enjoying all the photos of the kids...ok, and one of me in there too!


We thought this was an appropriate gift for those hot summer afternoons at the pool.
It's a waterproof case for Neil's iPod.

3 comments:

Mandalynn said...

I'll have to come back and read the whole thing...babies screaming to nurse, but I wanted to commend you for getting a good picture of that many kids all looking at the camera at once! I have enough trouble with my two!

Melanie said...

Aren't those iphoto books awesome?! I love them. You have such an adorable family. Looks like it was a great father's day.

Martina said...

i'm really happy with the quality of the book!

website statistics