Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Part Deux

So, this post is the original story I wanted to tell, but got side tracked with Jonathan's swim lessons, lol. And now that I think about it, it's not all that interesting. It started with the end of his swim lesson and a lady who goes to our church showed up for the following lesson. Our boys are in 1st grade CCD together and we've had a few chats here and there waiting for the dismissal bell. I hadn't seen her much since Drew was born, so it was really good to see her. I've missed connecting with old friends and acquaintances. Anyway, every time I've seen her it's only been with Jonathan. Paige and Ashley are never there. So, this time Paige is with me and so is Drew. She asked me how old he is and I had to think quickly. Do I go with weeks or months? Ok, if I go with weeks, where are we? Each Saturday is a new week, today is Friday. My mind is trying to calculate. Finally, I just blurt out 'he's two months, uh, two and a half months'. Then I tell her how I couldn't remember how many weeks he is off the top of my head and she's laughing and nodding her head. She obviously knows my struggle, lol. She's been there and done that. I told her that it felt like once they hit two months it's just easier to start saying months vs. weeks.

It *is* much cuter when they're weeks old, though. I had one lady in church ask me how old Drew was and I believe he was three weeks old or four weeks, not quite a month old. And when I told her, she did the usual 'awwww' and then touched him. Our parish is made up of a lot of families and in the section that we sit in, a lot of us are Hispanic of one sort or another. We've been sitting in that section for quite a while now, so we know practically everyone.

In any case, I go on to tell Rocco's mom about this one little girl who was at the daycare I worked at ten years ago. I just thought she was the cutest thing and looked so similar to Ashley (who was a tiny thing at the time). I asked her mom how old she was and she stopped, paused for a second, and then said 'she's thirty-six months old'. I had to double take on that one. Seriously?? At what point do we just convert months to years??

So, you see, it's not all that interesting, but I felt I had to tell it since I went so far to forget to tell it in the first place. I promise the next post won't be soooo boring, lol.

No comments:

website statistics