Friday, February 1, 2008

I apparently have too much time on my hands, lol

Photobucket



I've had it brought to my attention by several people lately (and you know who you are! - ) that because I was able to put this blog together in relative short time, that I must have oodles of time on my hands. I have to address this matter because it's very serious and it needs to be dealt with, lol. Let's go back in time a bit. I have to preface my story with a paper I wrote in third grade. I can't even remember my teacher's name or what it was about. I *do* remember that we were switching classes for math and reading in third grade. Weird.

...anyway, so I absolutely hate writing. I love to think and talk, but writing is SOOO slow when you do the first two so quickly. I remember dragging out the family typewriter to fashion that little paper. The black ribbon was so tired and dry that I flipped the ribbon and used the red. I remember my teacher was pretty impressed. I wonder if I still have that paper...I'm guessing it took me a long time (that time) to type it up. It was years before I honed that skill, though. I think it was 6th grade before I could choose typing as an elective. Yeah, I know...major geek to pick that. I hated classes like English and Math and even my Spanish class (and yes, I'm aware I did eventually get my degree in Spanish and linguistics to boot), but I really enjoyed all the typing classes I took.

Even now, I like to find those typing games online and just see how quickly I can type before the shark eats the little guy up. Last I checked, I was near 100 wpm w/a pretty high accuracy rate. Honestly, this is the only way I can post the way I do. Even Neil shakes his head and says 'woman!' - like it's a chore to read. Yeah, only because he was there! lol - I'm in the camp of Dr. Phil. If you don't like what you see, keep on flippin'. Or scroll in my case.

I look back and think how important those English classes might have been. Funny enough, though. I seemed to have learned the intricacies of English from my Spanish classes. I'm a comma hog. I put them every place I'd naturally pause in word or thought.

Ok, so maybe you're wondering why all the fuss to explain how fast I type and then it's been over a week since the last post. Well, Drew had just turned two months. I wanted to give his newest milestone some time to gel before heading on to the next big topic. A lot of gals from a website I visit started this whole thing - I've had a few blogs on this site, but never really done much with it. Doing one for Drew seemed like a good idea because it keeps me in touch with his growth in a format that I *know* I'll stick with. Plus, I need to get back into journaling anyway. At this point I'm debating starting my own personal 'Calgon, take me away' blog as a mom and the day to day stuff I do...I haven't decided if it'll be just for me or if I want to open up my life for public consumption. I have to think on that one a while longer. In the meantime, I'll be posting here and I look forward to all the comments the blog's been getting. It makes it fun to post more when people e-mail and comment that they like the way I write.

No comments:

website statistics