Friday, March 14, 2008

How much smaller could my world get?

So, on Wednesday I took Jonathan to swim lessons. It must take very little to *wow* me these days because there was a complete camera setup inside and some really "cut" looking athletes walking around. I had to sign Jonathan up for a new session so I asked the lady behind the counter what all the fuss was about. I couldn't help it. After doing wedding photography for a while and with my renewed interest in photography, I just had to ask! So, she goes on to tell me that they're finishing up their third day of filming a Nike commercial for the Olympics. I promise you one of those guys looked SOOO familiar to me. Now, I'm not much into remembering things like who was part of the Olympic swim team in 2004, but it bothered me so much that I actually went online looking for some clues or pictures. I couldn't find anything.
These are times when I'm proud to be an Austinite. If swimming is your *thang* and you do it well, this is honestly the place to be. The University of Texas puts out a LOT of swimmers who go to the Olympics. To the best of my recollection the coach at UT was also the Olympic coach in 2004. Not that I expect my children to have the talent of an olympian, lol, but if they should become that dedicated to their sport, this is a good place to be!

No comments:

website statistics